Thursday 26 July 2012

So is there anything to do at night where you are?

A friend of mine from home asked me this the other day, and I thought it was kinda odd and deserved some clarification. I don't "do" anything. I bike. That's it. Every day has its variations of course, but generally, here's how it runs:

Wake up sometime between 6am and 8:30am.

Eat oatmeal, pack up tent, and stack all the gear onto my bike- this all usually takes me an hour.

Bike for somewhere between half an hour and an hour. Eat a granola bar. Decide I'm still hungry and eat lunch. Lunch is carrots with hummus, and tuna of various flavours (sweet chili Thai, tomato and onion, lemon pepper) on crackers.

Cycle all afternoon, stopping wherever looks interesting. Eat ice cream if available, otherwise, more granola bars!

Around 5:30pm, figure out sleeping spot. Set up tent, shower if available, eat dinner, which is either KD with cherry tomatoes or one of Uncle Ben's flavoured rice concotions. Read a book (yes I am traveling with a mini library- can't resist a used bookstore!) or write a blog for you lovely people. Watch the sunset, and then crawl into my sleeping bag with my extra fuzzy blanket somewhere between 8 and 9:30pm.

Every night I am fabulously exhausted. But that said, yesterday I was laid up with rain, and the town beside me just happened to have a playhouse, so I went out and saw a show. Fancy that!

2 comments:

  1. We are following you Yvonne and enjoy your posts. We have your lovely poster in a frame on the front lawn by the wolves and moose.
    We wish you continued good travels. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan, that's really nice to hear!

    ReplyDelete